Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wait-wasn't Thanksgiving just last week?

Well it feels like it! So I finally am back to sewing here and there..I have finished two quilts.  That's hardly anything at all since I used to sew a new quilt every week, but I have more irons in the fire now it seems...
This month my daughter Vanessa is expecting her first baby-a boy! She and her husband Jefferson live in Seattle.  Of course I need to make a quilt for the baby they have so tenderly named Tom Marvolo Criddle (from Harry Potter fame-but that name is only until he is born...) and I couldn't think of anything until my dear quilting friend Patti Adams suggested a quilt called sparkle punch, which Im sure many quilters have heard of. I found it on a blog Oh Fransson i think is the name of it--anyway, here is the progress of my quilt. I made mine for a baby, so its not too big, but at first I thought it was going to be huge! Its just so easy to get in the swing of making the star units....
 These are the colors I chose for the quilt-I wanted it bright but not any pink--after all it is for a boy :-)
                                                           The beginning of the star units
 more star units being put together--it was kind of hard at first to make the points all wonky, but I got the hang of it!
                                                Here's some more progress...
 Here are the blocks.  Such a great quick little quilt and so easy to make...I probably will make others!
 Blocks all laid out after shifting and switching and then finally saying that's it, I'm not changing it anymore!
 Here it is after its back from my quilter Chris Coulter.  I love how it looks after I wash it...all crinkly! Chris did a fantastic job and so quick! 4 days, people! 4 days!!

Here it is lying on the couch-I will be taking it to Seattle this week, since Vanessa was due YESTERDAY!! I hope he likes it and it snuggles him forever!

1 comment: