Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Well its been a while but then again I havent been sewing much either.  Many things have happened as usual-thats what happens to people in their lives...
Ive been to Houston several times since I last wrote because my sister's cancer was not responding to treatment and in early August her doctor said it was only a matter of time and for her family to take her home and have her on hospice because she only had maybe a week til it claimed her life.  They took her home and true to form, she got a little better and certainly lived longer than a week...it was about 3 months from the day they brought her home until the day she passed away, October 27.  Our moms birthday. At this time I have lost a brother and a sister and my dad and it is ever present in my mind, especially Janelle since she was only 12 months younger than me, and we did many many things together.  I will say my thanksgiving thoughts are that I am grateful and thankful for my other siblings and my mom who has had to bear the unbearable-lose 2 children.  As far as my quilts go, I have only been able to work on and finish one full size, but here is a picture of it, not a complicated quilt but a very pretty pattern, I think.

This picture was taken at Thanksgiving.  We were fortunate enough to have Peter and Peggy (bro and sis in law) make arrangements for us to stay up here at a condo with them and almost all the rest of the family.  It was a very fun time, and so much wonderful food and fun an movies and walks and football, and did I mention food? Anyway I will post more now that my travels have hopefully slowed down, and maybe I will have more time to sew. Im posting a picture of my sister Janelle, when she was still fighting the stage 4 breast cancer and fighting quite well, I might add.

This was from when she came to visit one summer with her foreign exchange student Thais (from Brazil) that was staying with them for her senior year. Thais really had a great time with Janelle.
Ok well, I will post more later and a good picture of the quilting on my quilt.  I hope to get some more sewing done soon, ive been very busy and very involved at work lately so that has taken time...ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment