Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Im finally back!

Im finally posting again! wow I have been busy and if you can believe it I forgot to take a picture of the fabrics for this quilt, so Im just going to show what I did-I read a Real Simple magazine a few months ago that had "the hot new colors for fall" on the cover, and they were fuchsia and navy. I was totally in love with the colors, and I decided I would have to make a quilt out of those colors. Then I needed a really cool pattern, and I wrestled with that choice but finally came up with one I have wanted to do since I started quilting. Snails Trail. I immediately started collecting and pulling my hot pinks rich pinky purples and navys so I could add a lot of contrast because lets be honest, sometimes 2 color quilts can be pretty flat! So after a few months of that, I started the quilt. Im not gonna lie, I was concerned when I started it. I was like oh man this is really briggghhhhttt even for me, an avid fan of intense rich brights, but I kept on with it and now I think I like it enough to actually give to someone! I will add a picture when its quilted next week, but for now, here it is and I'm sorry I forgot the prep pictures! I will do better next time! This is kind of a close up of one block-but the trouble is they all kind of blend together...will it blend? I think so!
Here are a few blocks together, and
The final product! You can see that the camera did not get the brightness of the quilt so just pretend that the pinks are really bright hot pinks! Im giving it to my sister Janelle for coziness during her chemo treatments! PS pardon the table in the foreground blocking the quilt...

1 comment: