Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spencer's Quilt

I finally needed to use the green and blue fabrics I picked out this summer! Yes, Spencer William was born on Jan 21, his mom's birthday! What a great gift. And since Billyjoel (combined name of his parents, Bill and Jolena) wanted these colors, I got started!
It took a long time to decide on the pattern, but while scott was here, I looked around and found a picture online of a pattern and decided to draft one from that picture (it was a pattern from fig tree quilts, but I dont remember the name of it)...and this is the start...Strips to sew together for 60 degree triangles so i could make a hexagon quilt!
I combined blues and greens and used my little froggy print to make the background triangles, and it started to take shape! Here are 4 of the blocks but I needed 28
Heres the blue swirls and there was an equal number of green swirls...
Here is the pieced top with the most awesome fabric for borders doesnt it look like it was made for this quilt?!?! Perfect match! Don't you love it when that happens-you just happen onto a great fabric that works great in what you are making!
And here it is after Chris quilted it! Done in one day! And the quilting pattern is little dragonflies so it goes with the frogs!
I hope little Spencer likes it :-)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I need to find that frog fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I like it a lot, and you did this so fast!

    ReplyDelete