Monday, November 22, 2010

Newest project:-)



Well, here is the current quilt im working on. I used the Brr park pattern for inspiration and redrafted it to fit my needs. First here is my pattern that I drafted from the original:


Next I cut out all my colors with kind of an Icy theme like the Brr park pattern had, and here is a block just laid out for sewing together. The red is supposed to represent cardinals, a traditional Christmas bird. I know these pictures are kind of sketchy, but they are taken with my phone since my camera seems to be having color issues....

Seems my phone has color issues too, judging by that picture...

Anyhoo, I have a final picture that is all sewn together.

The blocks are called Tree of life, and there will be 6 or 9 in the quilt depending on how ambitious I am. They are 20" finished, probably the biggest block Ive even done-quite a change from the 6" pineapples I just finished... But I do have to get some Christmas stuff sewn together so I will be putting my icy trees on hold for a tiny bit.
Im excited for the holidays, We have an enormous amount of company coming, and that has nothing to do with personal size! For Thanksgiving there will be a little bit of family, then the week after that my sister comes for a week, then the real fun starts when we have a LOT of family coming! Im so excited I think I might just tinkle! Hahahaha! Just kidding, I wont, and if I did, I would NEVER post it!
Ok back to sewing-or wait i mean sleep now then work then sew!

3 comments:

  1. Those are really cool. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking tree...love it! Can't wait to see that quilt you were finishing up last time we visited. You are definitely the Quilt Queen!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Suzanne! You are truly amazing. Loved them all.

    ReplyDelete