Monday, October 25, 2010

Just musing...

I don't have a picture today, I've been browsing other blogs just to see what others are up to. I've noticed a trend in the blogs I see. There are lots of quilts that are so cute and so gorgeous, but it seems they are mostly made from fabrics that all come from a line that is manufactured to go together. I do think they are pretty, but I wonder, does anyone still pick fabrics to put together just because they look good together, not because they were all made from the same designer or line or group that was made together? I guess I'm kind of old school like that, but when I started quilting back in '90 (ha ha that sounds old) you had to pick colors and prints that looked good. Don't get me wrong, I have made quilts from fabrics all in the same line and I love them but I really love the great feeling of finding two totally different fabrics that look amazing together! Takes time, but its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment